Job Openings and Requirements
All applicants must complete a Lexington County Sheriff's Department application. Applications can be obtained at the front lobby of the Sheriff's Department located at 521 Gibson Road, Lexington, South Carolina; at the South Carolina Employment Security Commision (ONE STOP) office located at 714 South Lake Drive, Suite 140, Lexington, South Carolina; or by clicking here.
Please complete the application accurately and completely, especially concerning past employers and reference information (giving FULL addresses, telephone numbers, etc.). Questionnaires may be mailed to any references, current and past employers you indicate in your application, therefore, correct mailing addresses are critical. The Department accepts applications on a continual basis. Completed applications can be turned in at the front desk of the Sheriff's Department, which is open 24 hours a day, or to the above listed ONE STOP location, from 8:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completed applications may also be mailed to the Department at the following address:
Lexington County Sheriff's Department
Attn: Human Resources Division
PO Box 639
Lexington, SC 29072
The following documents are required in order for your application to be processed:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of a valid S.C. Driver’s License
- Certified ten-year driving record (You must provide a copy of your driving record from every state you have been licensed to drive within the past ten years.)
- Credit report (This can be obtained from companies such as Equifax, Experian, etc. These are listed in the yellow pages of the phone directory under “Credit Reporting Agencies” and also at the bottom of this page.)
- Copy of form DD-214 (if a Veteran)
- Copies of other documents which may be applicable to employment (i.e. Certifications, training documents, diplomas, etc.)
You will be contacted within seeral weeks of the submission of your application. If your application is satisfactory, you will be given a date and time to attend applicant testing. Following testing, applicants are placed in an applicant pool along with others who have successfully completed the applicant process to that point. The most qualified applicants are then chosen to continue in the process. If rejected, an applicant may reapply one year after being turned down for employment.
Major Credit Reporting Agencies
Equifax (www.equifax.com or 1-800-685-1111)
Experian (www.experian.com or 1-888-397-3742)
TransUnion (www.transunion.com or 1-800-888-4213)
These are the three major credit reporting agencies. There are other credit reporting agencies – you are not limited to these three. You can also obtain a free credit report, once per year, from www.annualcreditreport.com.